Round Pegs – January to December 2017
I worked as a freelance consultant for Round Pegs, helping in medical-subject projects for Dasa, a Brazilian company that owns more than 15 medical laboratories in the country. Both projects were designed during design sprints and heavily tested with users. The projects were developed with remote teams.
Main activities: workshop facilitator, UX designer, and researcher.
Key achievements: collaborating with the design sprint process inside Round Pegs; research of new tools to improve the remote work.
Coletivo Mola – since 2015
At Coletivo Mola, our mission is to learn about design processes and tools and share them with entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs that want to rethink their businesses. We offer design thinking training and workshops, working with tools and processes like user/consumer journey, value proposition, design sprint, among others. Our main focus is to help small businesses and NGO’s, improving their abilities to survive in the market.
We offered free workshops for the entrepreneur community and volunteered at ADUS – Institute for Refugee Integration.
- Hospitalar Fair: the largest medical fair in Brazil, 2016
- Virada Tecnológica at PUC SP, 2015
- Workshops in-company, at companies like Walmart, 2016
- Entrepreneur Week at USP – University of São Paulo, 2016
UOL – June 2005 to June 2016
I had two distinct moments at UOL. In the first moment, I had started there as an information architecture, and it was between Jun 2005 and 2010. We were building the Products User Experience and Interface department and we introduced practices as prototyping and user research there. Also, in 2007 UOL was the first Brazilian company to adopt Scrum as the development process and I received the scrum master certification. With this change, I worked as Product Owner for about two years in some of the company’s projects.
UOL is a big Brazilian company with a large range portfolio of products and services. While I was there I could work in a huge range of products as UOL Radio, UOL Megastore, UOL Host, UOL Diveo, Notanet, Pagseguro etc.
My main activities were: information architecture, prototyping, user research with usability tests, card sortings, ethnographic studies, market and competitors’ benchmarks, heuristic analysis, partnering with developers, reviewing develop interfaces. As a PO also: writing stories and validations, organizing the teams’ routines, negotiating with internal/inside clients.
Key achievements as UX designer: helping the team to implement the UX process in the company through planning, designing and researching to more than 10 different products and services.
In the second moment (2010-2016), working as the team lead, my main role was helping to define the UX strategies, orienting team members about interface solutions, and defining and organizing research tasks. Initially, the team had around 12 designers and during the years had gradually grown the operation and led the ux strategy of all products of the company. In 2016, we were about 34 designers.
Key achievements as team lead:
Consolidate the importance of the UX process for the products and services offered by the company. As a result, practically all the projects had a UX designer planning and researching during project development and maintaining the platforms. User research became a fundamental step to understand and create the solutions.
Main projects of the period:
- UOL Host:
- Microsoft integration – official partner to sell Office and mail services. I design the control panel and the e-mail communication between platform and users.
- Cloud Computing services: popular Brazilian service for local developers. Research with potential users, design the control panel and competitors’ benchmarks.
- Webhosting – easy to use web hosting panel for non-technical public. One of the strongest Brazilian hosting services, with more than a million users. A/B tests, user research, interviews, usability tests.
- Webstores: e-commerce platform for small businesses. Research and heuristics evaluation.
- Payment gateway with the most popular online checkout in Brazil, that allowed webstores to have their own businesses. A/B tests, usability tests, interviews
- POS machines interfaces, more than million users. Usability tests, interviews, My team and I design the interfaces POS’s, the box, paper manuals, communication.
- Internet banking: the common interface for all kinds of Pagseguro users. It should be easy to use, very clear and simple. We constantly made usability tests and interviews to improve it.
- Pre-paid card: sellers could transfer the money they received from online stores or POS machines to the prepaid card and use it as a regular debit card. We designed the control panel.
IBOPE – June 2003 to June 2005
IBOPE is one of the biggest Brazilian research companies. At the company, I could lead the design development of the new company’s website; their research e-commerce, where they sold reports and analysis; and Paulo Montenegro Institute website, the area dedicated to education projects.
- Although IBOPE was a big company and a Brazilian reference for demographic, economic and social data, it didn’t have a well-organized website where people could find all the information. In the new website, we looked for a strong information architecture that could allow the public to easily find the information.
- The e-commerce project allowed the company to sell their reports directly to interested clients.
Information architect, web designer; webmaster, building websites with HTML and CSS
Webmaster and web designer freelancer – January 2002 to June 2003
Main projects: developing and updating the Bookmakers Publishers. The projects were: Macmania Magazine, Cybercomics and Magnet Magazine. Also, I worked on other projects like the portfolio of the Brazilian artist Chico Niedzieslki and the ABED website (Brazilian Association for Online Education).
- The Bookmakers magazines were remarkable innovative for the time, with a revolutionary language and approach. The websites followed the same approach and were one of the main channels at Terra Portal.
- The ABED website was an important initiative to organize and group in one place all the Brazilian references about online education.
Webdesigner; webmaster, building websites with HTML and CSS.
Consultant/orientation about digital business.
Hiperlógica Digital Solutions – January 2000 to December 2001
I had worked for 2 years at Hiperlógica, where I could develop projects for some companies like Globo Television, Amcham – American Chamber of Commerce and Bank Boston.
- One of the first Brazilian Internet Bankings for Bank Boston
- Quizzes and entertainment hot sites for Globo Television, that had more than one million users. The projects were linked to the television programs like soap operas.
Web designer; webmaster, building websites with HTML, CSS.
An apprentice in Python and Zope